Monday, July 25, 2011

Therapy on Hold

If you have read my blog before you know that working in my back yard is my therapy. This has been a very unusual summer with the extreme heat and no rain for weeks on end. We have had 100-110 with no rain for way to long. My flowers started off good in the spring and I am glad I took pictures of them so I could remember what they did look like. I say "did" because they no longer look like that, they are stressing and that is making me stress. Every day I go out to water and they look so sad it makes me sad. We usually would have had some coffee time or evening supper on the back patio often by now but even in the shade it is miserable. I don't know whether to put them out of their misery or keep hoping they will come out of it this fall for awhile! It is not only the heat and no rain but also the insects that are eating on the plants. I have tried to doctor them but I can't seem to come up with the right combination of things to help them.

I don't do any better in the heat then my plants in fact maybe I do worse. If I'm out in the heat to long my face will get red and white splotches on it and then I get nauseous!

When I was around nine years old we lived on a farm near Walker, Missouri and were out in the pasture when I decided to go to the house, for what, I don't remember. I probably had a 1/2 mile to go and I saw a snake! (I'm so terrified of them that it was hard just typing the word on this page) Well I ran the 1/2 mile in the heat and I get the splotches and nausea ever since. I think maybe I had a heat stroke or something.

Thank goodness I work inside in the cool of ESSDACK with COOL people!!

No comments:

Post a Comment