Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Heart Prints

A few years back well nine to be exact one of my co-workers at ESSDACK, Lori suggested we do a cookbook to raise money for Cystic Fibrosis. A lot of the women in the office put their recipes in a computer database that Lori set up. Then she compiled them together into categories of main dishes, salads etc. We copied and sold enough of them to give the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation $1000 after our expenses. It was a great idea and everyone I know that has the cookbook says they use it a lot. I saved one for Nick so he can have one some day when he is on his own. He likes to cook and change up a recipe from time to time. Anyone who offers to help raise money for CF or is kind enough to donate to Nick's medical fund leaves heart prints on my life. It is a very hard thing to ask for money even when it is for someone you love very much. I guess you have to be in my shoes to realize the importance of not only the support financially but the support emotionally. Because we have been on the other side, the side of receiving it is so hard to say no to others asking for help and I would rather not. I guess we don't look at it as a donation but rather a gift of help. We have to say no sometimes, we've found you can't give to everything. We have a good friend with MS and we used to teach a Sunday School class for the the mentally challenged so the Special Olympics along with Multiple Sclerosis have a special place in our hearts.

Everybody has their own special place that they like to give, I just want you to know you have left heart prints on those who will benefit from your gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment